I’ve been shooting the cannon a lot lately, and the lack of a trigger guard is starting to be a little worrisome. While I was working on some other stuff at the shop I bent one out of some aluminum scrap. I did it first with some thin flexible metal, then copied the design with pliers and a thicker more ridged strip.
I tapped bolted onto the trigger mounting block and the stock. I didn’t really measure the hole position on front, I drilled a hole in the trigger guard first, then just flexed the guard until it looked right and then marked the point on the receiver with a sharpie. When I clamped it in the mill, I adjusted the hole to be centered on the receiver, but kept the x position from my mark.